Basketball is a sport that favors a player with a tall height, but some players with a comparatively short height can not be ignored because of their incredible other qualities. Who is the shortest person to dunk in NBA history?
Here we have some players who are not very much tall but they have been wonderful basketball players. These are the shortest NBA players to dunk.
|1||Spud Webb||5ft 6in|
|2||Ty Lawson||5ft 11in|
Shortest Person To Dunk in NBA History Infographics
Shortest Person To Dunk in NBA History – Shortest NBA Players
Let’s have a look at some details of these shortest NBA players to dunk.
1. Spud Webb
The list starts with the most amazing player who is the shortest person to dunk in NBA history. Spud Webb is an American former professional basketball player who is famous for winning a dunk contest as the shortest player ever to dunk.
Spud Webb was drafted into the NBA in 1985 by the Detroit Pistons. He played in the NBA for 14 seasons and ended up his career in 1998. Webb has been playing as a point guard. His remarkable achievement in his career is winning the dunk contest in 1986. His height is 5 feet and 6 inches which makes him the shortest person to dunk in NBA history.
2. Ty Lawson
Ty Lawson is an American professional basketball player who is currently a free agent. He is the 2nd shortest person to dunk on our list. Ty Lawson played college basketball for the North Carolina Tar Heels. He was drafted into the NBA in 2009 by Minnesota Timberwolves.
6ft 11inches tall Ty Lawson is the 2nd shortest NBA player to dunk in history. Some of his career achievements are:
- NCAA champion (2009)
- Bob Cousy Award (2009)
- ACC Player of the Year (2009)
- First-team All-ACC (2009)
- ACC All-Freshman team (2007)
- No. 5 honored by North Carolina Tar Heels
3. Will Bynum
Will Bynum is also an American former professional basketball player who was drafted into the NBA in 2005. He is the third shortest person to dunk on our list. His height is 6ft which is not considered short generally but in basketball, it makes him one of the shortest basketball players to dunk.
Will Bynum played college basketball for the University of Arizona and Georgia Tech. His professional career is not very glorified. The only reason for his presence on the list is his dunk at the height of 6 feet.
4. Allen Iverson
Allen Iverson is also an American former professional basketball player. His nickname is ”The Answer”. He was drafted into the NBA in 1996 by the Philadelphia 76ers. After playing for 14 seasons in the NBA, Allen Iverson ended up his professional career in 2011.
He is also 6 feet tall and one of the shortest persons to dunk in NBA history. Some of his remarkable achievements in his professional career are:
- NBA Most Valuable Player (2001)
- 11× NBA All-Star (2000–2010)
- 2× NBA All-Star Game MVP (2001, 2005)
- 3× All-NBA First Team (1999, 2001, 2005)
- NBA Rookie of the Year (1997)
- NBA All-Rookie First Team (1997)
- 4× NBA scoring champion (1999, 2001, 2002, 2005)
- No. 3 retired by the Philadelphia 76ers
- 2× Big East Defensive Player of the Year (1995, 1996)
5. Nate Robinson
Nate Robinson is an American former professional basketball player. He is also one of the shortest people to dunk in NBA history. His height is also 6 feet. Robinson was drafted into the NBA in 2005 by the Phoenix Suns. He ended up his professional career as a basketball player in 2018.
During his career, Nate Robinson played for 12 different teams in the NBA. Some of his career highlights are:
- 3× NBA Slam Dunk Contest champion (2006, 2009, 2010)
- Venezuelan League champion (2017)
- Venezuelan League Grand Final MVP (2017)
- Frances Pomeroy Naismith Award (2005)
- Pac-10 All-Freshman Team (2003)
6. Chris Paul
Chris Paul is an American professional basketball player who was drafted into the NBA in 2005 by the New Orleans Hornets. He is a point guard who is 6 feet tall. Chris Paul is the sixth shortest person to dunk in NBA history.
Chris Paul played college basketball for Wake Forest from 2003 to 2005. His professional career is full of many milestones and remarkable successes, some of his achievements are:
- 12× NBA All-Star (2008–2016, 2020–2022)
- NBA All-Star Game MVP (2013)
- 4× All-NBA First Team (2008, 2012–2014)
- 7× NBA All-Defensive First Team (2009, 2012–2017)
- NBA Rookie of the Year (2006)
- NBA All-Rookie First Team (2006)
- 4× NBA assists leader (2008, 2009, 2014, 2015)
- 6× NBA steals leader (2008, 2009, 2011–2014)
- NBA 75th Anniversary Team
- First-team All-ACC (2005)
- ACC Rookie of the Year (2004)
- USA Basketball Male Athlete of the Year (2004)
- North Carolina Mr. Basketball (2003)
Who is the Shortest Person to Dunk?
Spud Webb at 5ft 6in height is the shortest person in the world to dunk.